East Silver Spring Elementary School was originally built in 1927, which makes it one of Montgomery County’s oldest schools. In fact, in 1992, during Silver Spring’s Sesquicentennial, ESS received a commendation from the county for its long and fruitful service to the community. The original building was severely damaged by fire but was rebuilt and modernized in 1979. An additional wing was added in 1987 and two new wings were completed in August 2010.
- Address 631 Silver Spring Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910 USA.